9.05.2009

Swaddling

I am a huge fan of swaddling babies.  I strongly believe it is the reason that all of my babies have been good sleepers.

Now that the twins are three months and getting bigger I have been trying to wrap them with their arms out.

Unsuccessfully.

Last night they slept terribly because of their thrashing arms.  They were up several times during the night and when breastfed babies wake up during the night, guess what they want to do?  EAT.  I am not sure if bottlefed babies are the same, but I suspect so.  So, after weeks of sleeping through the night they are acting like they are 8 weeks all over again.  I don't mind nursing them during the night, it's just that nursing two babies requires more stuff and more work.  You can't lie down and go back to sleep when nursing twins.

After they ate at 6 am, I wrapped them with arms in the swaddle.  Henry was so mad.  He was struggling to get them out like he was in a straightjacket.  Eventually he gave up and slept well until right now.  He's starting to stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment