The twins turned thirteen months yesterday. Since I just posted the pictures we got taken, I didn't take one for 13 months.
I thought that I would take a minute and write what they are doing now, which isn't too much, but you get the idea.
Mary Catherine has started to climb the stairs. Thankfully, she doesn't do it regularly yet because she has already tumbled a couple of times. She still loves books and spends a lot of her time reading them and bringing them to whoever is in the room to read. Mary Catherine is still not standing much, but she can pull herself to standing. She does perch up on her knees quite a bit, which is funny to see because she looks like a little groundhog.
Mary Catherine can say a few words, but the word of the week is 'bye-bye'. She likes to say, "bye-bye Dada". I guess since he's the only who ever leaves she has associated bye-bye with him.
Henry says words, but it's random. He hasn't found a word that he likes to say over and over yet. He does wave bye-bye and says it sometimes. He signs that he's all-done after eating, which is very helpful.
Henry loves to play with a toy kitchen that we have had since Kerrigan was their age. It has a shape sorter on the door with a button that releases the shapes. He will sit and do that kitchen for a long, long time. Well, unless Mary Catherine comes along and rips his hand away and squawks at him, which happens entirely too often. Of course, he starts bawling whenever she's mean to him and she just sits there and looks at him.
Henry's other favorite toy is the stacking cups. He loves to stack them and put things inside of them.
They both are continuing to be great eaters. I hope this continues throughout their toddlerhood. Even if they get picky for awhile, I think they will return to eating well since they've had such a great start.
We leave for the beach in a couple of weeks. I sure wish they were walking, but I know that isn't going to happen. I hope they enjoy the beach regardless and don't eat too much sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment