6.23.2011

Mother Hen

If Henry survives growing up in our house with all these women, it will be a miracle.  He will either be a fantastic husband or a lifelong bachelor. 

As if the older girls don't mother him enough, then he has Mary Catherine hen-pecking his every move. 

She informs him when he is finished eating, "Mommy, Bubba done!" To which Henry responds on que, "All done!"  Let's hope that eventually he learns to form his own opinion as to when he's finished eating, or playing with a certain toy, or what he wants to watch when it's movie time. 

All kidding aside he does stand up for himself sometimes when it comes to toys, but Mary Catherine does spend much of her time informing me all about her Bubba in a mothering way that cracks us up for such a little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday one of the adults in the nursery at VBS asked me which of the twins was older. When I responded "Kyla, by 5 minutes." She said "We thought so! She sure does boss him around. And he does it, too!" I said I wasn't sure if it was birth order or the fact that she's female. Either way, we have the same issues in our house. I have had to tell Kyla on more than one occasion that she is not allowed to send Lucas to the corner, and that her name is not Lucas and to let him answer for himself.

    ReplyDelete