7.20.2011

I Miss Naps...

So gone are the days of putting the twins in their cribs for nap and walking away for a few hours of peace and quiet.  They used to nap almost three hours.  THREE HOURS! 

Now, due to their recent Houdini escapades, they are in big beds.  You know what is wrong with beds?  There are no bars!  Seriously, what is the problem with making a lid and bars on a twin bed? 

So, now I have the *joy* of spending most of nap time disciplining the escapees until they fall asleep.  Now, when Henry wakes up before Mary Catherine he gets out of bed and wakes her up.  Not pretty. 

Yesterday was the first time that I went in (when I heard them) after naps and they were both in the own beds reading books.  Yay!  I thought...

Then last night, I had a meeting for CC in my living room and we put the twins to bed.  Their bedroom is over the living room and I could hear them running all around for at least an hour.  I didn't go up because I was in the middle of the meeting and at least they weren't crying for me.  Not surprising, they have already figured out how to be quiet when they are disobedient.  When the meeting ended at 9 pm I went upstairs expecting to find them both passed out on the floor or quietly ripping books, but they had made it back to their own beds and were sound asleep. 

Sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment