11.28.2011

A Breather...

Just want to take a moment before I embark on potty training Mary Catherine next week to write that things here are going very well.  Considering potty training is my LEAST favorite thing to do as a parent I might not be in such a thankful mood this time next week.  Let's hope I overcome my attitude.  I remember a certain curly haired friend of mine that said she loved potty training her children and they bonded during that time.  I love my friend, but that is just crazy talk. 

We traveled out of town this past week and it went the smoothest it ever has with five children.  Cracker Barrel was a joy.  I didn't have to spend my time thinking of a dozen ways to keep two toddlers from scaling out of their boosters, stop any screaming, or deal with any spillage issues. 

The twins are (and have been) understanding consequences more and more each day.  For instance, if we are traveling in the car and one of them starts whining, they understand, "If you don't stop, I am going to take your magna doodle." 

Of course, we aren't afraid to invoke some Biblical discipline too, if you catch my drift, but one of my sweet little twinkies just likes to take a lickin' and keep on tickin' so it doesn't always have the effect that I would like it to in a pinch. 

I'm thankful that the twins are understanding more and more, but I do miss those baby days a little bit too, at least the days I can remember.  Most of the first year is a haze filled with crying and exhaustion, mostly my crying, but don't judge.  If you don't have twins, you cannot understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment