Henry might be a thumbsucker.
Just this week we finally did away with the swaddling. He was physically too big for it and it was causing more grief than relief. It took him a few nights to get used to sleeping with his arms out, but we are all good now.
They are back sleeping in the same crib. We have been separating them at night because of this time change issue and Henry's arms out issue. Each one of them kept waking up around 5:30 am on different days and waking the other one up too. Since I let them cry it out to go back to sleep that is easier when it's just one instead of two. Last night they slept together and MC woke up early and I put her pappy back in and she went back to sleep without waking Henry. I think we are back on track for the most part.
So, back to the thumbsucking, I had noticed off and on this week that he was sucking his thumb in the crib, but it was inconsistent. I would feel his thumb when I woke him up and it would be dry.
When I laid him down for this last nap I hung around out of sight and watched. Sure enough, he started sucking his thumb and rubbing the silky on his blanket at the same time! He kept pulling it out, so I am not sure if this will last, but it's helping right now!
I know later I will not think this is so cute, but right now seeing him with his thumb in his mouth, with his finger crooked over his nose while the other hand rubs that silky is precious!
I went back up to try to get a picture, but he was asleep already and his thumb was out. I'll try again later.
No comments:
Post a Comment