7.24.2011

A Solution for Now...

In order to achieve peace and quiet during naptime, I have been enlisting the help of Kinsey and Kerrigan.  They are taking turns 'resting' in the room with the babies until they fall asleep.

In exchange for their services, they can either play DS, listen to their MP3, or watch Netflix on the Itouch with headphones while waiting for the twins to fall asleep. 

If either twin gets up, Kinsey/Kerrigan removes something precious from his/her bed.  Usually, this causes a ridiculous amount of screaming/crying, which exhausts him/her into falling asleep. 

However, because Kinsey/Kerrigan are in the room, it's immediate and the offender does not get the joy of playing before he/she is caught.  I'm afraid that Mary Catherine has a little bit of Kerrigan in her, which means that she'll take the lickin' if she gets to do what she wants and in conjunction with that, I am not sure that Henry really understands what is expected of him at all.  He is either very stubborn or very clueless. 

We have done this three times and so far it's working very well.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl to have older siblings to send in! I have had the "fun" task of staying in the room with them until they fall asleep. *sigh* Some day it won't be like this, right? Hope it continues to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to tell you. I have five kids, but having two the same age in the same room is an entirely different ball game. My older two girls have always shared a room, but when one is older, and understands the expectations, it helps tremendously.

    ReplyDelete