Can I handle one more question?
Can I smile and answer one more time,
"When are you due honey? You are huge!"
"Wow! You must be overdue."
"Are you having twins?"
"Are these your first children?"
"What are you having? A girl and a boy? Are they identical?" (Um, no...)
"Are all of these kids yours?"
"Were you trying?"
"Don't you know what causes this?"
"Are you going to have more?"
"We were just talking over there and we were wondering when you were due and if you are having twins or triplets?"
Over and over and over and over and over...
I think that I am no longer going to ask pregnant women any questions. I am going to ignore the fact that they are pregnant. I don't care if they have 20 children following behind them like brand new ducklings. I have walked in different shoes and it has changed me.
I know I sound cynical. I know that people are usually well meaning.
I just want to go to the store or a restaurant without being gawked at like the center act at the circus.
No comments:
Post a Comment