8.13.2009

8 hours...

The twins went eight hours in between meals last night!! Unbelievable.

It is the fourth night in a row of good sleep for everyone. I'm starting to get spoiled, so I sure hope it continues.

We fed them bottles at 10:30 ish last night and they woke up at 6:40 am!

My other three were doing this same schedule at this age (10 weeks), but I thought the twins would be later since they were born early and I have not been as regimented with their schedule. I have fed them every three hours all day long since birth, but it has only been the last couple of weeks that I have made it the same time each day.

I followed Babywise with the other three and with the twins it has been a modified version. I know that there is more than one way to skin a cat and following a schedule is not for everyone. I enjoy following a schedule. It helps to know what to expect during the day, especially with twins.

Every three hours (from the start of the last feeding) I wake them to eat, keep them awake for a bit and then put them down for a nap. Eat, Wake, Sleep.

They are usually up for an hour total, including their feeding time. A couple of times a day they might be up for an hour and a half, but never longer. After their feedings and diaper changes, as soon as they start to fuss at all or need any intervention for happiness I put them down for a nap. I don't want to miss the 'window' or they will flip their lids when I put them down in their crib.

This is their schedule, which might vary by 30 mins at any time during the day. I do have three other children to attend to so I am not glued to this schedule. This is more of a skeleton goal for the day. Usually we are pretty close to it, but we may be late or early.

7 am eat
(if they wake at 5 am like yesterday, then I would wake them at 7:30 am so they get a little bit more sleep. Today they woke up at 6:40 am, but i will make their next feeding 10 am to preserve the schedule. It's not usually an issue b/c in the morning they sleep so well. )

10 am eat, wake sleep
1 pm eat, wake, sleep
4 pm eat, wake, sleep
7 pm eat, wake, sleep
10 pm eat-back to sleep; no wake time at this time of night or in the middle of the night. Even at 5 am they go right back to bed. Wake time starts after the 7 am feeding.

I'm trying to prepare myself that this might not last, but I know that now I will be sad because I have tasted the joy of sleep...


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/13/2009

    Way to go girl! Gotta love Babywise!!!! They are growing so fast, and I love the picture at the top. SO SWEET!!!!
    Valerie Manriquez

    ReplyDelete