I am having another issue right now that is quite painful. Actually the most painful thing I have experienced in my life. A couple of days after I stopped pumping I got a clogged milk duct. I think it's because I was somewhat engorged. I had been pumping 6-8 times a day and then I went to pumping twice a day.
The clogged milk duct was very painful. I put a hot tea bag on it, took a shower and put the hot sprayer on it and I tried pumping, but nothing worked. Finally, the next feeding Henry was able to break it free. However, as either a result of the clogged duct, or the yeast issue that I have had for the last month, I have a milk blister. Ouch.
When Henry nurses it's like having my body part in a vice and the vice is ripped from my body and thrown against the wall, over and over, while it's still attached.
As if the milk blister wasn't painful enough, I also have bleeding and cracking going on.
Seriously?
I am dreading nursing right now. It builds anxiety in me because I know the pain will be so bad. I am taking around the clock Motrin and have been for days and days. Yesterday it was so bad that I actually took some medicine I had leftover from my delivery. I only took one then, but I have already taken two doses because of this situation. This morning I actually took 1/2 of the dose because yesterday when I took it I fell asleep in like five minutes and barely made it to church.
The Lord will be glorified through this situation. It is only by His grace that I continue to move forward with nursing. I pray for healing and success with this situation. I don't know how long I will be able to provide enough milk for the babies, but as long as I have milk they will nurse.
On a side note, the twins will be 8 weeks on Wednesday! If I can find my battery charger I will take some pictures.
You are AWESOME!! I have had mastitious (?) and yeast w/ all 3 of my kids!! I KNOW how painful it can be!! I can't hang, you are doing great w/2!! You look GREAT!! You hide pain well, seeing you yesterday I couldn't tell youy felt so bad! Don't over do it!
ReplyDelete