6.11.2009

Alone...



The twins slept in their crib last night! I was all alone in my bed for the few short hours that I actually got to sleep.

A few changes that I made that might have been the difference.
~I swaddled them in a kiddopotamus fleece wrap under their usual blanket wrap. I suspected that they were chilly because our house has been colder than usual with company here helping. I also am having trouble keeping their arms in their wrap, and those swaddleme kiddopotamus wraps are tighter.

~I turned on their sound machine to a setting that sounds like 'in the womb' to me.

So last night this was their schedule:
8 pm eat

11: 15 pm eat, but someone had trouble latching so really it was awhile before we all got started. I think we were finished around 12:30 am and back in the crib. It's already a hazy memory for me. Of course, after they are in bed, I pump, take the milk to the fridge, wash the accessories, use the bathroom and get in bed, so that's another 30 minutes.

3:00 am H woke up and I gave him a pacifier. It was really time for them to eat, but I was so tired. He lasted until 4 ish and then we started it all again. We finished it all by 5:30 am. I was back in bed by 6 am.

7:30 am eating again and starting our day...

I know for most this isn't interesting, but for a first time mom, this is gold. I know because I have been first time mom and you want to know EVERYTHING. Also, I want to attempt to keep journaling for the twins. It is their only chance at a baby book.

I will post pix of the babies in their wraps when I get a chance. I'm going to go squeeze in a nap. I'm all alone with all 5 kids for the first time. Everyone is lying down for rest.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley Webber6/11/2009

    Okay so I just read this after. It looks like you already figured it out ;)

    ReplyDelete