6.23.2009

Weight Check

We took the twins for their weight check.

Henry weighed 6 lbs 3 oz, which means he gained 9 oz in 4 days. They wanted him to gain 1/2 oz to 1 oz a day, so he blew that out of the water. He gained half of what he lost. Another 9 oz and he'll be back to birth weight.

Mary Catherine weighed 5 lbs 9.5 oz, which means she gained 5.5 oz. Her birth weight was 5 lbs 12 oz, so she is very close to that now.

Henry got 2 oz of formula on that Friday, but since then they both have had breast milk via bottles and SNS tubing. I'm so glad that I had the courage to follow my gut and ignore the pathetically rude pediatrician.

I'm not saying formula is bad, and who knows how all of this will end up, but at this point it is important to me to give them breast milk and try my hardest to get them to nurse well.

Thank you all for the prayers.

Please pray that they will learn to nurse so that I can feed them at the same time and I don't need so much help from everyone. Jason has lost quite a bit of sleep helping me every night with the bottle feedings. He does it so willingly, but I just don't see the need for both of us to be tired, if we can help it. He has to go to work to support this family. I get to be at home where it doesn't matter if I'm incoherent or smelly or sleep deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment