Last night went almost as well as the night before last. The babies ate at pretty much the same times and I was able to sleep in between for 1.5-2 hrs. It wasn't as much sleep because MC would not settle in the crib.
I got up one time each 'nap' and try to settle her and give her a paci, but when she fussed again I put her in the bed with me. Of course, she slept like a champ next to me. Sleep is more important to me at this point. I will do whatever it takes to get sleep.
I hate to be stereotypical, but MC seems more high maintenance to us already. :)
The latching on issues are mostly better, but MC had a hard time at the 5:30 am feeding today. I don't understand it. She fusses and fusses and then all of a sudden she decides she'll latch on ten minutes later.
During the day they do well. They are up about an hour or less before I put them back down for naps, this includes their feeding. Their feedings were taking about 40 mins, but now they are more like 20-30 since they are getting better at nursing.
I follow the rule that as soon as they fuss after feeding and a diaper change, they are down for a nap. It has worked very well with my other three children and it is working for the twins already.
I appreciate all the people praying for me. This is hard work, no doubt, but it is going as well as it can be going.
~thank you~
I saw how Mary Catherine tried latching onto her passy when I held her the other day (which was wonderful, by the way). I would imagine she does the same thing when beginning to nurse. I just thought I would reassure you that it will get better. Rylee did that too. I think Rylee just got so excited she couldn't control herself. ha! Maybe you should try putting your finger (or passy) in her mouth and see if she'll latch on. Then remove it and try nursing. Just a suggestion...maybe it will help her get started w/out all the fumbling.
ReplyDeleteI love reading all your blogs. I'm still praying for you. ~Monica Ragan